COVID-19 AND THE 2020 SKI SEASON

Corin Forest is monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely. Operations have been suspended in accordance with social distancing measures announced by both the Federal and ACT Governments. We are moving forward with preparations for the ski season.


UPDATE 16/5/2020: 

We have received approval to reopen the Alpine Slide under changed operating conditions. The slide will run in sessions with a max capacity of 10 persons and these need to be booked online via our website.

 

Snow play activities can be booked for the school holidays in July once again with changed procedures, we are presently finalising our plans for the ski area and snowsports school.

The Australian ski industry is facing the largest challenge in its history.  The news that non-essential travel and non-essential gatherings are banned indefinitely creates more uncertainty and challenging times for the Australian ski industry, but we could not be more supportive. As a community, we must do all we can to limit the spread of the coronavirus and our Industry is committed to working closely with government and health authorities.  While all resorts continue preparations for the 2020 ski season, it cannot be said with any certainty that the Australian ski season will open as intended on 6 June.

This will depend on whether the current situation improves. This will require the lifting of bans by governments on non-essential travel and non-essential gatherings with sufficient time left in order to mobilise staff and resort operations.  Individual resorts are working on multiple scenarios, each of which will depend on the circumstances of the time.  It is possible the Australian ski season could open later than June 6.  You are encouraged to monitor individual resorts’ information channels.

The safety of visitors to Australian snow resorts is paramount. The Australian snow resorts will not operate unless advised by governments and health authorities that it is appropriate to do so.

For tickets purchased after April 1 2020 tickets will be extended for use in the 2021 season in the event of closure due to COVID-19, for tickets purchased before this date we will contact ticket holders individually to discuss options.